Friday, January 8, 2010

GORT Fixed up and Rigged




(I'm sorry for the bad render,
there is no environment yet so the reflectivity the the movie screen shots shown are not shown.
It will looks way better when I put more time into materials.)


Okay that is a render of him being posed,
I fixed him up with Josh Melling over my shoulder critiquing stuff and I changed a good amount of it.
I can easily sculpt in more detail before I weight out the bones to make him deform correctly, or maybe just do more weighting after I as a multi-tiers subsurf.
I need to make his rig less dirty also,
curves, setting the correct local rotations since they are off some in the fingers,
read on rigging thumbs since they aren't easy to rig
IK for the legs, plus when his rigging is okay I need to subdivide him then add detail since to him(look at the shoulders!) plus other random stuff I can't finish 10:30 at night.
He won't ever be perfect,
but suitable enough to animate him doing something half way cool, preferably cool.

I will always appreciate the ManCandy rig and the Ludwidge rig
for how nice and versatile they are, no matter how lame Josh Melling says they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to here your opinion!