Monday, January 4, 2010

A late happy New Year! Blender Organic Modeling Project !

Well being bored,
and watching a rather bad movie that had something so simple I had to copy it.
Pretty bad movie, great idea but the lack of explanations of the invasion made it overall a bad movie.
Here is what I wanted to do for the heck of modeling and rigging it.
Besides I have not done much for organic modeling.
GORT from the movie

Wikipedia








Mine after 40 minutes.
The hands are terrible, otherwise it's not that bad.
Doesn't look that good because I didn't use a HDRI.















Un-Subsurfed:

Simplistic(I think it's good topology for rigging) un-subsurfed wireframe.




Within a day or so I'll rig him after I tweak him to make him look more proportionate
(hopefully it works well, I've never done a character and finished it),
then I need to get some suggestions about the animation(Yes something I'm good at!) I'll do with him for the heck of doing it.
Maybe if Icarus works(sometimes it does) I'll do motion tracking....

When he is rigged and looks good I'll give out a Blend file,
might be nice for somebody who wants to get started in animation with a simple rig.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to here your opinion!